All our flight tickets, lodging and transportation are booked for this year’s trip to Chiang Rai! Total expenses per pax excluding food and shopping is around S$760 and all are paid for by our own members, just to be part of something meaningful that CGG is committed to do annually.
This year so far we have only 9 participants as most of our regular members have their own commitments. However I have a couple of friends from Chiang Rai itself whom will be joining us there. Nevertheless, it’s gonna be a fruitful trip and we are so looking forward to it. Will be meeting up sometime next week to work on the programs while we are there. Just waiting for our friends to get back on the wish list and demographics of the kids there to better cater to them.
At the same time, we will be having another fund raiser event this year sometime end Nov. Yes it is our popular Fund Bake event again and this year we will be holding it in a proper baking environment, and learning from an artisan baker with many years of experience! We shall reveal the item that we’ll be learning to bake once the venue is confirmed! Looking forward to everyone’s support on this!
Alrighty gonna run, stay tuned to more updates sometime this weekend!
What an awesome day! Today’s Gourmet Coffee Workshop held at Highlander Coffee was a great success! We had 2 great sessions and we were filled for both of them!
All thanks are going out to all friends and family who came today to support our event, your participation gives us more reason for us to carry on further in our mission to help more unfortunate kids!
Thanks also for friends who took so much time in baking cookies and biscottis for the participants and also for sale as well! they taste great!
Thanks are also going out to Highlander Coffee for hosting the venue at a discounted rate for us and accommodating our infiltration into their premise! 😉 They gave us in depth knowledge of how coffee was evolved and how to prepare various types of coffee with proper techniques!
And not forgetting all members of CGG for coming down to help and ensure our guests are comfortable from the time they arrive! You guys are awesome!
We have uploaded all the pictures of today’s event on our FB page (http://goo.gl/jEKM71), so go check ’em out now! 🙂
Posted in Blog/News, Fund Raising Projects
- Tagged annual, asia, bake, Baking, beverage, care, care givers, care givers group, Care Givers Group Singapore, CGG, CGG Singapore, charity, charity event, charity group, ChiangMai, children, China, Coffee, Coffee and Tea, donation, Facebook, Food, fund, fund raising, Fundraising, givers, Gourmet Coffee, Gourmet Coffee Appreciation Workshop, group, help, Highlander Coffee, Home, kids, orphanage, orphans, poor, primary school, project, raising, Shopping, singapore, Tea and Coffee, www.caregiversgroup.org, www.caregiversgroup.wordpress.com
This is not the first time this is happening on our email account. Could be some hacking bot that is trying to access to our email or it could be someone who is trying to use our email account to request for ‘donations’. See an excerpt from gmail’s warning email:
We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:
Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:53:51 AM UTC
IP Address: 22.214.171.124
Location: United States
I am seriously happy that CGG’s getting some recognition or rather attention from the world, definitely flattering. But using a charity group’s email for your unscrupulous intentions is totally not cool. A big ZERO in morality. If you need to hack, why can’t you be like Robin Hood? Why are you robbing the poor now? Are you sick? Leave us alone please!
This definitely brings to our attention that we should clarify a couple of issues here for all our family and friends:
- CGG will not request any monies/donations/funding from anyone via email. CGG will not be responsible for any monies/donations/funding lost via such scams.
- CGG’s activities will only be announced via this website officially, until further notice.
- In any case of doubts, please drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter or my personal email account limroyATgmail.com. (Bots pick up email addresses electronically if you use the ‘a’ with a circle around it symbol.)
Thank you all for your support so far in all our activities and we hope y’all can continue to support us in our efforts to help the unfortunate kids and indoctrinate them to ‘pass it forward’ when they grow up. Your support has helped us change lives in small but awesome ways! Looking forward to see you all in our upcoming Gourmet Coffee Appreciation Workshop event! (http://wp.me/E63z) That’s the best time to know us better and our missions/visions for our group! So sign up now before all the slots are filled up! 🙂
See y’all soon!
With loads of gratitude,
Big Roy ❤
Posted in Blog/News, Fund Raising Projects
- Tagged asia, care, care givers, care givers group, CGG, CGG charity event, CGG Singapore, charity, charity coffee workshop, charity group, children, coffee workshop, donation, E-mail, Email address, Facebook, fund, fund raising, givers, Gourmet Coffee Appreciation Workshop, group, Home, IP address, kids, orphanage, orphans, poor, project, raising, Robin Hood, Twitter, United States, www.caregiversgroup.org, www.caregiversgroup.wordpress.com