How time really flies! In about 12 hours, the CGG team of 16 will be heading to Chiang Mai and then Pai to reach our beneficiary school/orphanage Baan Mae Ping. We have geared up so much for this day and it finally arrived. All members are extremely excited for this trip and believe me, our Whatsapp group has so many exchanges in conversation that if anyone missed it, it’ll be like hundreds of unread messages!
We will be setting off early in the morning on Christmas Day and will be shopping for the kids when we arrive in Chiang Mai. I will be reporting as real-time as possible (depending on network availability) for our family and friends who are very excited but at the same time, concern for our safety. While we are all partying tonight and tomorrow on this blessed day, I wish that we are in your prayers for clear skies and safety as we will be traveling up north to a village Pai via some windy mountainous roads.
So keep updated on our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/Qh57PQ) as we will be updating our journey for all of you! Merry Christmas y’all!
Posted in Blog/News, Project Chiang Mai 2013
- Tagged asia, baan mae ping, Bangkok, care, care givers, care givers group, CGG, charity, charity group, chiang mai, Chiang Rai, ChiangMai, children, Christmas, donation, Facebook, fund, fund raising, Fundraising, group, Home, kids, orphanage, orphans, poor, primary school, project, Provinces, raising, school, singapore, Thailand, Travel and Tourism, Travel Guides, trip, Whatsapp, www.caregiversgroup.org, www.caregiversgroup.wordpress.com
What an awesome day! Today’s Gourmet Coffee Workshop held at Highlander Coffee was a great success! We had 2 great sessions and we were filled for both of them!
All thanks are going out to all friends and family who came today to support our event, your participation gives us more reason for us to carry on further in our mission to help more unfortunate kids!
Thanks also for friends who took so much time in baking cookies and biscottis for the participants and also for sale as well! they taste great!
Thanks are also going out to Highlander Coffee for hosting the venue at a discounted rate for us and accommodating our infiltration into their premise! 😉 They gave us in depth knowledge of how coffee was evolved and how to prepare various types of coffee with proper techniques!
And not forgetting all members of CGG for coming down to help and ensure our guests are comfortable from the time they arrive! You guys are awesome!
We have uploaded all the pictures of today’s event on our FB page (http://goo.gl/jEKM71), so go check ’em out now! 🙂
Posted in Blog/News, Fund Raising Projects
- Tagged annual, asia, bake, Baking, beverage, care, care givers, care givers group, Care Givers Group Singapore, CGG, CGG Singapore, charity, charity event, charity group, ChiangMai, children, China, Coffee, Coffee and Tea, donation, Facebook, Food, fund, fund raising, Fundraising, givers, Gourmet Coffee, Gourmet Coffee Appreciation Workshop, group, help, Highlander Coffee, Home, kids, orphanage, orphans, poor, primary school, project, raising, Shopping, singapore, Tea and Coffee, www.caregiversgroup.org, www.caregiversgroup.wordpress.com
Dear friends of CGG,
This year’s fund raising event is a Gourmet Coffee Appreciation Workshop! We find this event pretty apt, reason because of the growing love for gourmet coffee in Singapore and we figured most of you want to understand what goes behind that cuppa! We have tied up with Highlander Coffee for this event and they have awesome facilities for this workshop! Thanks for working with us on this! So register your slot now and what better way to learn and contribute to charity at the same time! Please find the event poster link below for more details!
CGG Gourmet Coffee Appreciation Workshop
Cookies will be served to all participants! Extremely generous self-baked contribution by Kristine Yu and friends!
Please the following before registering for the workshop:
- Note that there are 2 sessions. Please register the session that you can attend.
- Please use your real name and contact details in the registration forms. It is important as we need your names to recognize on our site for contributing to our fund raising efforts and at the same time, if there are any changes to this event.
- Strictly no children allowed. 13 years old and above only. Dangerous with so much boiling coffees and devices around.
- Sessions will commence on time. Please arrive half an hour earlier for registration.
- Exact change at the door is preferred.
- Each session only for 25 pax. Registration is on first-come-first-served basis. We regret if we cannot slot you in when registration is full.
Looking forward to all your participation, let us all have fun in the name of charity! 🙂
Posted in Fund Raising Projects, Project Chiang Mai 2013
- Tagged annual, asia, bake, Baking, care, care givers, care givers group, Care Givers Group Singapore, CGG, CGG charity event, CGG Singapore, Charities, charity, charity group, ChiangMai, children, China, Coffea arabica, Coffee, coffee appreciation, coffee workshop, donation, Facebook, fund, fund raising, fund raising event, Fundraising, givers, Gourmet Coffee, Gourmet Coffee Appreciation Workshop, group, Highlander Coffee, highlander coffee singapore, Home, kids, orphanage, orphans, poor, primary school, project, Project Chiang Mai, raising, school, singapore, Tea and Coffee, trip, United States, www.caregiversgroup.org, www.caregiversgroup.wordpress.com